The new Bankruptcy and Insolvency Law (Law #11,101/05) brought significant changes from the old bankruptcy law, with the introduction, among other innovations, the institutes of extrajudicial and judicial restructuring proceedings to replace the former concepts of creditors composition.
SFME provides legal assistance to companies in bankruptcy and judicial and extrajudicial restructuring proceedings. The office, with its multidisciplinary team, works in:
- Acquisition planning and sale of companies in financial difficulties and consultancy for investors in the purchase of insolvent assets;
- Corporate restructuring processes, finance structuring for local and foreign companies and due diligence;
- Recovery of credits in restructuring proceedings or bankruptcy processes;
- Enforcement against the debtor and other judicial measures for preservation of credit;
- Consulting in business recovery strategy.